Attracting Visitors28th October 2023
Where to Find Royalty Free Images30th October 2023
A website is a collection of web pages that are hosted on a web server and can be accessed through a web browser. It is a digital space where people can share information, ideas, and interact with each other. Websites can be used for various purposes such as personal blogs, e-commerce, social networking, news, education, entertainment, etc.
To access a website, you need to have an internet connection and a web browser installed on your device. A web browser is a software application that allows you to access and view websites on the internet. Some popular web browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc.
When you type in the URL of a website in the address bar of your web browser and hit enter, your browser sends a request to the web server hosting that website. The server then sends back the requested web page to your browser which is then displayed on your screen.
Creating a website involves several steps such as choosing a domain name (the address of your website), selecting a hosting provider (a service that stores your website files on their servers), designing your website (creating the layout and content), and publishing it online.
If you’re new to computing and have never experienced a web browser before, don’t worry! There are many resources available online that can help you get started. Here are some beginner-friendly guides that you might find useful:
- WebsiteSetup 1: This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to create a website from scratch.
- Wikipedia 2: This article provides an overview of what websites are and how they work.
- Site Beginner 3: This guide provides an introduction to creating websites for beginners.
If you’re interested in learning more about how websites work and how to create them, here are some additional resources:
- Codecademy 5: This platform offers interactive coding lessons on various programming languages including HTML and CSS.
- Udemy : This platform offers online courses on web development for beginners.
I hope this helps!